No matter the time of year, finding methods to refresh your home starts with the five senses. To deliver new ways of satisfying sight and touch, HBF Textiles’ new Spring 2018 collection brings together six new handcrafted fabrics that reflect energy through playful themes and thoughtful composition.
Designed by Mary Jo Miller, vice president of design and creative director, the collection was inspired by an affection for liveliness and dynamic, sensory fabrics.
“I believe the quality of a tactile experience is essential. The materials used throughout the Spring Collection are thoughtful, warm, fuzzy, bold, and rich,” explains Miller. “Each fabric is a one-of-a-kind design with its own unique story and rich color palette.”
With 52 colorways and 6 new fabrics, the Spring Collection seeks to push beyond the expected by remaining unique and versatile.
A simple design that conveys multiple colorations against a continuous backdrop, Color Code showcases a “DNA strand” of color with 7 inspiring hues. This fabric works as both a solid and pattern and recalls a pixelated, design-savvy pattern that is impressively modern yet timeless.
• Available in 7 colors: White, Light Grey, Warm Grey, Orange, Red, Blue, Blue Green
Adding a dash of whimsy and energy to any environment, Digital Bloom conveys a floral impression in a modern translation. Made with an adaptable design, this high-energy fabric can be described in numerous ways, from a hip camouflage, a tiled floral, a complex puzzle, and others. No matter someone’s description, the pattern offers tremendous versatility.
• Available in 8 floral-inspired colorations: Peony, Autumn Joy, Dahlia, Yellow Button, Hydrangea, Paperwhite, Solomon’s Seal, Forsythia
Woven in a Northern Italian village at a boutique mill known for elegant yarns, this agile, peppery cloth has both dimension and softness. Comprised of viscose and cotton for a soft hand and polyester and linen for strength, Pepper Blend provides the best of both worlds.
• Available in 9 stippled colorations: White, Fusion, Garlic, Red, Ground, Medley, Green, Granular, Black
Weekender is inspired by last-minute weekend getaways, with colors named after some of HBF Textiles’ favorite weekend destinations. Made of polyurethane faux leather, the large grain texture reflects a luxurious, leather travel bag.
• Available in 12 colorations: Marfa, Joshua Tree, New Glarus, Austin, Nashville, Sedona, Hudson Valley, Hood River, Asheville, Saugatuck, Portland, Phoenicia
Named to call out the zig-zag shading that occurs from the space-dyed yarn stitched in, Ziggy Zag is a dimensional design that does double duty for both upholstery and wrapped panel application.
• Available in 8 shaded colorations: Off-White, Orange, Brown, Red, Light Grey, Green, Blue, Black
Modern Patina is reminiscent of 1930s luxury Italian luggage that fuses artisan, original tanning techniques with 21st century modernity. These fabrics are processed using low emission, environmentally friendly mineral tanning formulas.
• Available in 8 luxurious hues: Vintage Brass, Copper Penny, Corten Steel, Weathered Wood, Verdigris Green, Galvanized Blue, Aged Nickel, Blackened Steel